Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's not always about me..

I have a favorite saying I like to tease Colton with..."Not EVERYTHING is about you, Colton."
It's always said as a joke and he knows it, so that's good. :)
Today I was reminded of that phrase..only it was meant seriously..and it was my name..not Colton's.
You see, I had this girl contact me and want to be my roommate at school. She was SUPER helpful and REALLY nice and we clicked instantly! I've been looking forward to rooming with her since March.
But then I got bad news.
We weren't assigned as roommates.
And then I got worse news.
She had signed up to room with one of her friends without telling me.
That hurt.
It seemed perfect. We were supposed to have a room in the dorm I wanted to be in. I was still going to have some privacy because our room had a divider down the middle. I didn't have to go buy a mini fridge because she already had one. We liked a lot of the same things..
AND she was the only girl I was going to know when I got there..

Now, while I'm a little hurt and disappointed about the whole situation, I'm not mad at her. We're still good friends and I am looking really forward to hanging out with her when I get to school, but for the last few weeks, I've been wondering why on earth God brought this wonderful opportunity to room with her into my life...only to have it taken away...
Many people have encouraged me that it could be "a blessing in disguise" and maybe that's true..
BUT.
Maybe it's not for my sake that I got moved..
Maybe it's for someone else's..
Maybe He's moved me to the dorm I did NOT want to be in with a girl I don't know at all..for her sake..or for someone else on my floor..
Maybe it's not all about me..so I should stop playing the "why me" card with God..
Maybe I should trust in His perfect provision..:)

After all, my life is not about me..It's about Him.
"..It is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me.." Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment